The Warblers return, New Directions finally takes shape and unlikely friendships emerge during the episode scheduled to air on Thanksgiving.
Glee brings duets back into the spotlight during Thursday’s episode, which features New Directions channeling their inner-superheroes during an hour that sees Finn (Cory Monteith) tested as the new head of the musical club.
During Thursday’s episode, which features nods to Thanksgiving, the Dalton Academy Warblers return as McKinley’s Superhero Club pushes nearly everyone to find and embrace their inner hero.
Here are five teasers from “Dynamic Duets.”
1. Blaine’s (Darren Criss) mystery guy surfaces (sort of). As evident in the “Grease” auditions and last week’s performance, Blaine is still beating himself up over Kurt (Chris Colfer) and the student body president gets some unexpected help from his vice president. Expect a flashback.
2. Brittany’s (Heather Morris) nickname for Blaine comes back to threaten his allegiance to New Directions, prompting McKinley’s Superhero Club to go into overdrive. Not to be outdone, the hero-themed episode spills into Dalton Academy as one specific member makes a very Dr. Evil-style entrance.
3. For those who have been waiting patiently for the new New Directions to take hold, “Dynamic Duets” does just that as the Finn-led club finally rounds out its ranks to 12 members and takes the stage for one of the strongest group performances in recent memory. The person behind it will make Mr. Schue (Matthew Morrison) proud.
4. As the episode’s title implies, expect to see some unexpected pairings that help push two very unlikely alliances forward. One will remind you of Finn and Puck (Mark Salling), the other of Rachel (Lea Michele) and Quinn (Dianna Agron) and both will warm your heart like deep fried turkey on Thanksgiving and bring a smile to your face like pecan pie with vanilla ice cream on top. How they get there, however, won’t be pretty.
5. The back story for one of McKinley’s best and brightest new faces will be explained — and it will take a toll on one emerging relationship, sending another into overdrive.
What are you looking forward to seeing? Hit the comments with your thoughts. Glee airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. on Fox. Check out a promo, below.
Take a look at the promotional images (from Entertainment Weekly) for the Glee 4×07 – Dynamic Duets episode.
Glee > Season 4 > Promotional Images > “Meet the Superheroes”
Next week’s episode of Glee, fittingly titled “Dynamic Duets,” finds the New Directions crew joining Blaine’s superhero club at McKinley. The time couldn’t be better for the kids to don super identities since the Warblers return and are bent on revenge. But naturally the focus of the episode is still on music. “Seeing the popularity of this club, Fin decides to come up with a lesson called “’Dynamic Duets,’” teases co-creator Ryan Murphy. “He puts people together who are unlikely duet partners and who are not getting along, so like Marley and Kitty are together and Jake and Ryder are together. There’s a lot of great superhero-themed numbers. We do REM’s ‘I am Superman,’ Bonnie Tyler’s ‘I Need a Hero,’ David Bowie’s ‘Hero.’”
EW already exclusively debuted the photos of the cast in their superhero garb. But now we can exclusively premiere a special trailer, narrated by Chord Overstreet himself, below…